The Despatch Cloud mobile application will work on Andriod devices running 6.0+.
To guarantee full functionality, we recommend using a Zebra TC51, Zebra TC25 or Zebra TC20.How to set up a Zebra Device
You will need to first configure your DataWedge profile to work with DC Mobile. You can do this by downloading our pre-configured DataWedge profile here.
Alternatively, you can configure this manually by following the steps below.
- Go into the DataWedge application.
- Clone the DWDemo profile by long pressing on the profile.
- Name the new profile DCHandheld.
- In the DCHandheld profile, click on Decoders.
- From the list, enable Interleaved 2of5, Code11 and Code93.
- Go back to the DCHandheld menu and click Associated apps.
- Click the three dots in the top right of the app and click add new app.
- Scroll through the apps until you find Despatch Cloud and select it.
- Go back to the DCHandheld menu, scroll down to keystroke and disable it.
- Scroll further down to Intent output and enable it.
- Click Intent action and type handheld.ACTION
- Intent category should be left blank.
- Click intent delivery and select broadcast intent.
Linking an Account to the Mobile Application
- Log into your Despatch Cloud account you wish to set the application up to.
- Click the settings button in the top right-hand side of the screen
- Navigate to general settings.
- Click on Web Service in the navigation bar.
- Set Web Service Active to 'Yes'.
- Set a Web Service Key to a string of numbers and letters only you will know (this acts like a password to your mobile application).
- Once you have entered a web service key, click save changes.
- On the mobile device, enter your company name as it is shown in the webpage URL.
The webpage URL will be:
- The 'yourcompanyname'
will be unique to your account and this is what needs to be entered.
- Enter the the API key which will be the web service key you made earlier.